Sunday, November 29, 2009

Being Delightful

To know my six-year old daughter is to love her. She is such a delight to be around. She is always happy, giggly, and dances to anything that has a beat. Lately, she has been learning Bible verses to recite in her Awana club at Church. A couple of weeks ago she was able to recite seven verses to her leader for a contest they were doing. She walks around saying her verses to anyone that will listen.
As a Mom, who is committed to Christ, it does my heart good when she desires to know God through His Word. I am so proud of her. God says in His Word that we are to delight in His Word. Delight means to take pleasure in and enjoyment from. To rejoice, to love, to consider His Word a luxury, something valuable.
We should long after Him as a deer desires water. Sometimes we see serving God as a chore, but this only occurs when we have gone a few days, months, years without communicating with Him through prayer and Bible study. When a close friend asks me to do something, it is not something I have to do but something I want to do. It is a different story when someone asks me to do something who often does not even act like I exist.
I long to hear from God through His Word. The more I am seeking this the more joy I get from it. Do you desire God's Word? Do you long for Him to speak to you? Get in the Word. He delights in us when we choose to be in a relationship with Him. Just as I delight in my daughter as a Mom, God delights in us. Daughter of the the Most High God, spend some time with your Father and be delightful today.

Psalm 1:2- "But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night."
Psalm 119:24- "Thy testimonies also are my delight and my counsellors."
Psalm 37:4- "Delight thyself also in the Lord; and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment