Friday, March 26, 2010

Thankful for Walmart

Thankfulness.....I have come to realize lately by watching my four year old son how this Biblical trait is put into action. He is thankful about everything. Last night, as we were walking out of our local Walmart, he yells out as we pass the greeter, "Thank you for the store. I got new shoes." What!?! I can not remember the last time I even thought about being thankful for Walmart! I may be found questioning why they have so many registers if they are not even going to use half of them? I am also prone to comment (while shopping in the evening) about how I feel as though I am constantly in the way of the next pallet of stock rolling through, but, thankful? NO. If I really gave myself a moment to think about it, I should be grateful. I have everything I want at my fingertips and at one place thanks to Walmart and stores like them. I can not even imagine life on the frontier of early America when pre-planning was a must, and everything was ordered and came in on trains. I am thankful that God gave me Trenton for a daily reminder to be thankful. He sees things to thank people for all the time. He is grateful when I roll the window in the car up or if I roll it down. He is thankful when I ask him to take his clothes to his room after I have washed and folded them. We need to all live in this constant state of mind of thankfulness. After all, even when times are bad, we as Christians have an eternal home given to us not through our own merit. We have a God who listens to us even when we consistently do the same offences. We have the Holy Spirit that guides and comforts. We have hope that when we go through tough times God is there with us, and He has a plan for our good. These are only a few of the things that we enjoy as the children of God. God has been good to me. Why can't I let it show a little more?

Psalm 100:4-5-"Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him and bless His name, for the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures to all generations.
Psalm 126:3 -"The Lord has done great things for us, And we are glad"

No comments:

Post a Comment