Friday, March 5, 2010

Strength For The Pilgrimage

In our Ladies Bible study this week, we read the following verses and I felt God wanted me to pass them on to you. I hope they begin to mean something to you as you mediate on them this week.
Psalm 84:5-7
"Blessed is the man whose strength is in thee; in whose heart are the ways of them. Who passing throught the valley of Bacca make it a well; the rain also filleth the pools. They go from strength to strength, every one of them in Zion appeareth before God." (KJV)
The NKJV translates the phrase "In whose heart are the ways of them" to say "Whose heart is set on pilgrimage." When we truly realize we are just temporarily walking through this earthly journey, we get a whole different perspective on our daily trouble. Not only that, but the the word "Bacca" means weeping. Have you ever felt like you are in the valley of weeping? It is pretty dark down there. Isn't it? But God promises enough strength for every day, including when we find ourselves in the pools of water from our own tears. These verses end by saying those who find their strength in the Lord during their valleys will end in victory when we appear before our God. I can't wait to have my own personal time with my Father in heaven face to face where He can tell me exactly what my valleys of despair have done in my life and the lives of others here on earth.
II Corinthians 12:9b- " My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." (NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment