Saturday, February 6, 2010

A Very Present Savior

Last night my son woke up in the middle of the night moaning and crying. As a Mom, of course, I was awakened and immediately went to see what was wrong. I got to his bedside just in time to hold him while he vomited all over the bed. I picked him up and carried him to the bathroom to clean him up. After waking his dad up for help, I took him to the living room and held him to calm him down. Eventually, we again settled down for the night. He, on the couch and mom on the floor beside him. I dosed off a little here and there, but did not get much rest due to the raspy, coughing spells and an occasional bout with vomiting again. While laying there on the floor listening for what need may come up next, I realized, when I am going through an especially hard time in life, all I have to do is call out to Him from my darkness and He promises to come to my aid.
During the long night just before the light shines through, I can picture my wonderful Savior laying beside the bed stroking my head telling me the same things I was repeating to my son last night. "It is okay, I know it is hard and you are miserable. I love you. I am here. It will be over soon. We will get through this together." If you are going through something difficult, please call on Him. Visualize Him sitting beside you comforting and assuring you of His unconditional love. He is there beside you completely anticipating your every need. All we have to do is ask. He wants to deliver us. He is waiting to deliver us. He is our place of refuge. He is our strength, He will sustain us. Praise the Lord otherwise where else would we turn? With Him beside you, you can make it.

Psalm 46: 1 -"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble."
Psalm 55:22 -"Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you."

No comments:

Post a Comment