Saturday, February 13, 2010

Soaking in the Word

I love baths! You know the hot water, scented bubbly ones that you can lay and soak in until your skin wrinkles. There is just something about immersing yourself in warm water that relaxes. A true Calgon take me away moment. Add some chocolate and candles to the mix and it just might be heaven on earth, at least for this mother of three. It is my sanctuary away from kids, troubles, and aggravations.
God's Word should be like a warm water bath. We should be immersing ourselves in it, letting the Word soak through everything in us, changing us. So many times our exposure to the Word is more like a shower we get once a week in Sunday morning service. We move on and never look back, never changing a thing. God's Word was made to permeate us to the very core, changing everything. God promises that His Word will change us if we meditate on it and memorize it. It will take root down deep. Immersion in it causes us to grow in spiritual maturity. It helps us show fruit. It makes us react differently in similar circumstances. It shows us our dirt and helps us get rid of it. God's Word can be our sanctuary from life's storms.
Don't just get a shower of God's Word today, spend some time soaking in it. It will give comfort for the journey and when change comes you will be refreshed.

Psalm 119:9,11- "Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy Word. Thy Word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee."
Psalm 119:92,97,133-"Unless thy law had been my delights, I should have then perished in mine affliction. O how I love thy law! it is my meditation all the day.
Order my steps in the Word; and let not any iniquity have dominion over me."
Joshua 1:8- "This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein; for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success."

No comments:

Post a Comment