Saturday, September 19, 2009

Walking with purpose

Lately, I have found myself using a particular phrase that started to make me think about the spiritual aspects of the words. It is the phrase: "Do it with purpose". I would find myself driving behind someone who, lets just say drives slower than I might want them to. I tend to get aggravated and I will say to no one in particular, "Come on, drive with purpose". What I am really saying is drive like you have someplace to go. When I have a destination or goal I want to get there.
I then found the phrase coming up again while walking through the grocery store with my kids yesterday. When we stop in an aisle for a while they tend to all gather in front of the cart and when I ask them to move they tend to not know where to go and slowly walk forward or barely move to the side uncertain of their next step. "Come on guys, walk with purpose" I tell them, but how can they when they do not know where they are going? They do not know what the next item on the list is or what aisle it is on. They have no purpose, no plan of action. Do you know your God-given purpose, something you are setting forth to be or become? Which way are you going? What is your expectant end or hope? If you do have a purpose, do you wrestle with impatience to get to it? Our true purpose in life comes from God. Not having a Godly destination can lead us into some wrong turns and devastating detours that leave us feeling empty, worthless or depressed. If you do not know what your God given life purpose is yet, He is preparing you for it. Ask Him. Seek Him with all your heart.
If you do know God's desire for your life, no more leisure Sunday drives, pursue it. Run after it, act like your going somewhere. Strive towards it everyday,that's what makes life worth living.

Romans 8:28- "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."
Jeremiah 29:11, 13- "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. And you will seek me and find me, when you search for me with all your heart." NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment