Friday, January 8, 2010

Twas a day like any other....

As I was reflecting on this old Christmas poem today, God gave me this version instead. I hope it touches your heart as it has mine.

Twas a day like any other, when all through the house,
Not a child was sleeping, not even her spouse.
The clothes were all folded, sitting in the way,
In hopes that someone else would put them away.
The dishes were clean and put up with care,
She was standing there wishing to be elsewhere.
There was a never ending list of chores to dread,
While dreams of purpose danced in her head.
She would give anything to do something that mattered,
and with that her thoughts would start to scatter,
When what to her wondering eyes should appear,
But verses from the Word that made her doubt disappear,
Strength, confidence, love, and joy were all written there,
Forgiveness, peace, dreams, and passion she would wear.
Purpose! Yes, Purpose, it all became clear,
God wants to use her in those she holds dear.
She made a decision at that point in time,
God's word is what she needed her heart to bind.
If Jesus she petitioned to help her through,
Her heart, He could do nothing but woo.
Listen closely, she can hear Him say,
Hold tight to me, and I will lead the way.
Renewed passion and life is what I give,
Something you will rejoice in and be proud to live.

I am so grateful that God uses me, a sinner in the trenches with you, to pour His words out on you. May He get all the glory.
Katrina

No comments:

Post a Comment