Saturday, January 2, 2010

"Chalkboard Hearts"

I love having devotions with my oldest daughter. We will read a devotional story with scripture and pray usually before we go to bed. This time with her gives me insight into what she is thinking. It was during this precious time about two years ago, when she was just six, that she prayed that Jesus would use her heart like a chalkboard and erase all the bad things she had done and make it new again. What a word picture of confession and forgiveness! When we realize that our chalkboard of life is filled, all we need to do is ask his forgiveness and He will wipe the slate clean. Praise the Lord! Have you ever noticed how many things in our daily life give us this spiritual truth. We take a shower to renew and refresh. We wash clothes, dishes and cars to make them clean...to make them useful once again for their designed purpose. We are the same way, we must have clean hearts before God, so we can be useful to his purposes. As we begin a brand new year, let us make sure our chalkboard hearts are clean. Let go of the mistakes of last year and start out fresh and new. Pray with me. "Lord Jesus, I want to be used of you this year. Please help me to continually be seeking a clean heart by asking your forgiveness. Renew my heart for your purpose. Thank you, that your mercies are new every morning, that your forgiveness is sure, and that we can start over every day, hour, minute, if necessary. You have promised to be faithful to forgive, and cleanse! Amen."

I John 1:9- "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Psalm 51:7,10- "Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me."

No comments:

Post a Comment