Friday, October 23, 2009

Holding Everything

As my son grows up, he insists on doing more and more things himself. When I try to help, he looks up at me with pleading in his eyes and says "But Mom I am a big boy now." At times his stubborn independence emerges to my parental frustration. He does not understand that there are some things little boys three years of age are not allowed to do. He just can not handle the responsibility, but I can if he would just let me help. I must admit there are some days(who am I kidding?) most days that being a Mother, wife, daughter, sister, church member turns me into a juggling clown at the circus, just trying to catch and release in time to get to the next thing. All of this running, trying to be everything to everybody, must frustrate my heavenly Father. He is aware of my needs. He cares. He wants to help guide me when I make choices of what to fill my day with. I must keep my priorities in line, and say no to some of the rest. I must seek him and let him carry me when necessary. What is on your to do list today? Are the tasks overwhelming? Are you emotionally drained? Spend time with your Father, He can carry it. He can hold it all together. With Him in control, how can we go wrong? He wants to lighten your load. Will you let Him?

Psalm 55:22 - "Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee:"
Matthew 11:28-29 - "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment