Monday, March 31, 2014

All of God, None of Me

I knew this day was coming. I started a new running program a few weeks ago and until now, progress has been made with small manageable steps. This week however was the one that takes a giant leap forward. Nonetheless to move forward, I have to do it. To live in victory and not defeat, I must press on. In this program each week you get three chances to master the new level before moving to the next level or week. As I read the instructions for Week 4, Day 1, I had to do a double take. I wasn't sure I could do it, but with much prayer and endurance I was able to complete the run, though victory demanded my all. Because the first day was very difficult, I was dreading day two, but knowing I had already accomplished the task once made me jump in asking God to help me. It was a hard run. I asked God for help. I was leaning hard on Him the last segment but I fell short. About a minute before my time was up,I had to stop I couldn't go on. I wanted to make it so badly. Tears welled up. I had failed. I felt God didn't come through. I was defeated and discouraged. Have you ever been at THAT place? Needless to say, when Week 4, Day 3 came around, I was dreading it all the more. I wanted victory. I sought God for help, openly admitting to him there was no way I could do it on my own. I knew I couldn't. I had tried and failed. At this point, I wanted victory and I knew I couldn't do it on my own. I started running that day knowing that if God didn't carry me, I would not reach the finish line. But as the signal came across my phone and I took my last running step into victory, I knew God had indeed carried me. He gave me the strength to endure. I again wanted to cry but this time in awe of the one that had accomplished the thing through me. So why did God not show up the run before? I believe He was trying to show me my frailty, my weakness. His whisper: "Without me, you can do nothing." Week 4, Day 3 was all of God and none of me. I needed him from step one and because of my failure I knew it. You need Him from step one. Do you know it? Rely on Him today. Victory is yours through Him and Him alone. I couldn't take one ounce of credit that day and that's how God wants it. All of God, and none of me. Ephesians 2:8,9- "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works lest any man should boast." I Corinthians 1:29-31-"That no flesh should glory in His presence. But of Him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment