Saturday, December 19, 2009

Who are you searching for?

My three year old son sleeps in his own bed most of the time, but when he gets woke up in the middle of the night he comes into our room. There is no room for him in the bed so he just lies on the floor and goes back to sleep. Just knowing we are near gives him comfort. One morning this week, I got up early and found him on the floor next to the bed. I left him there and quietly took his sisters to school. A little later, he woke up and looked around and found out I was missing from the bed. He went to his sleeping dad and put a finger on his cheek and turned his head to look at my side of the bed. He then told his dad someone was missing. He went looking. He finally found me in the living room reading. When he found me, he said,"Mommy, I found you! You were missing and now I found you!" He ran to me and wrapped his arms around my neck and gave me a kiss. This is a love relationship. He loves me and I love him. He notices when I am not there and I notice when he is not there. If we truly love others we know when they are missing. We go looking for them till we find them. My thinking took me one step further to my relationship with my heavenly Father. Do I notice when He is missing in my life? Do I go searching for Him or hope He will eventually return? If you are like me, my attitudes and actions sometimes are the best indicator of how much time I have spent with my Father getting His perspective. I challenge you this Christmas season take time to make sure God is not missing in your life, in your celebrations, and in your attitude. If He is missing, go looking for Him. He wants for you to find Him. He will be overjoyed at your return and wrap you in arms of love.

Psalm 63:1-"O God, You are my God, Early will I seek You; My soul thirsts for You; My flesh longs for You In a dry and thirsty land Where there is no water."
Proverbs 8:17-"I love those who love me, And those who seek me diligently will find me."

No comments:

Post a Comment