Friday, July 24, 2009

Crazy Mornings and My Unbridled Tongue

Another day, another morning, my job is to get everyone out the door and myself to work on time. Why does this period of time have to be such a struggle for me? This morning was no exception. My son, the youngest refused to get dressed. I am only half-dressed when my oldest daughter tries to take her 1-year old puppy outside to do his business. He of course, weighs more than her and takes off chasing after another neighborhood dog. I then implore my middle child to take a handful of dog food outside and help her sister get the dog inside,she proceeds to take her sweet time in doing this. By then the dog has run up the street and out of sight. Mind you, I am still half-dressed and trying to blow dry my hair, when I have to throw clothes on to make sure the kids do not disappear also. I decide we will let the dog be for now and hope he returns before we must leave. So I rally everyone inside and begin to do my hair again, when my oldest comes into the bathroom to enquire whether we are going after the dog or not. By now I am totally frustrated, so I reply "No! We are going to move from here soon and we can not take him with us so I hope he gets lost!" She turned around with a look of defeat and left the room. That is when God got me, with the thought: What if I reacted like this in anger to you over something out of your control? My words need to speak love and life to others. We did find the dog and apologies were offered, but I still wish I would have responded to her in a different way.

I Corinthians 13: 4,5 "Charity suffereth long, and is kind, charity envieth not, charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil."

Romans 5:5 "...because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us."

No comments:

Post a Comment