Friday, July 10, 2009

Words of Encouragement

This week God has been showing me how important it is to use my words wisely. Have you ever noticed when God wants to get your attention about something in your life, that particular topic shows up everywhere? So this week, I have heard a devotional on the radio, read an email devotional and been exposed to this topic of how powerful our words can be (good or bad) in my daily Bible study. "Okay, Lord, I get the picture, somethings got to change!" Our words can be a great encouragement to others. Meditate on these verses with me and ask God to show you some ways to put them in practice today.

Proverbs 25:11- "A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver."
Proverbs 15:23- "A man hath joy by the answers of his mouth: and a word spoken in due season: how good it is."
Isaiah 50:4- "The Lord God hath given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary."

God has placed beautiful words of encouragement in you, don't miss his blessing, give them away today!

No comments:

Post a Comment